My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

As I think about Thanksgiving and how much we have to be thankful for, I feel so blessed to have family so close. We have experienced the darkest days of our lives just recently. Our family has been our rock and I sense more than ever God's tremendous peace. It's the peace that passeth all understanding, it can only come from Jesus. It's unexplainable. I sat in the waiting room on Monday with Jayden and Brooklyn as Stef took them in for their dr. appointments. I felt the whole time a tremendous amount of peace that could only come from above. I feel that God is just asking me to be still, wait patiently, rest in Him. He continues to bring the peace. He has a purpose for our sweet babies.

In Psalm 23, David says, He brings us to rest in green meadows, He leads us besides peaceful waters and then He restores our soul. That's Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow on the 25th Tyler celebrates his 18th birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be 18. I couldn't be more proud of Tyler. He's so gifted in many ways. I sometimes can't believe he's my son. Tyler has grown up so fast. I blinked once too often. He's now official and I have to let go once more. Though Ty's a messy. I love him, messy room and all. Happy birthday Ty!

No comments: