My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Monday, November 9, 2009

GIfts

With Christmas coming, I thought about the gifts I need to buy. Today I was thinking, I wish I could give the gift of sleep. I know Justin and Stefanie could really use that right now. If we could go to the store and purchase that! Or how about the gift of "renewed joy, renewed hope, renewed strength. How about the gift of "a break." I can't give them these wrapped in a box, but God has already given them these gifts. They've even opened them up. I'm so glad that these gifts come to us when we need them, He gives us just enough grace for the moment. Justin reminded me of that the other day and Grandpa reminded him. This amazing gift was given to us in the form of a manger wrapped in mercy and grace! As I open up the gifts He gives, I pray that I won't put them back in the box. That He would unleash His power in us and that we would use the gifts He has graciously given.



Keep Justin and Stefanie in your prayers as they manage many new things. That they continue to see God's grace in the moments they need them. That God would protect their minds at night so they can sleep well.

A praise ~ Jayden is feeling better. His little light continues to brighten our lives. What a gift!



Psalm 36:5-9 Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds, your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.

No comments: