My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Friday, November 20, 2009

I've been thinking about God's silence in our lives. I think now more than at any time in my life that its in the silence that I find is the beginning of God's dwelling place. He desires for me to come to that place and rest. I find in the silence I begin to feel His presence and hear His voice. There's something powerful in His silence.

I'm reading a book called In the Tough Times by Max Lucado. (Thanks Patti for the book) He writes, We're thinking "preserve the body", He's thinking "Save the soul."
We dream of a pay raise. He dreams of raising the dead. We avoid pain and seek peace. God uses pain to bring peace. I'm gonig to live before I die, we resolve. Die so you can live, He instructs. We love what rusts. He loves what endures. We rejoice at our successes. He rejoices at our confessions. We show our children the Nike star with the million dollar smile and say "Be like Mike" God points to the crucified carpenter with bloody lips and a torn side and says, "Be like Christ."

I'm learning to be still and set my sights on Him. It's taking a moment to be still, quiet, open and willing and know He is God.

Psalm 37:7 ~ Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

No comments: