My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This past weekend we were fortunate enough to have Bob and Gayle Murray stay with us. They are long time friends from our Gull Lake days. I was a little worried about getting a few things accomplished before they arrived. For different reasons, I was not getting anything done. I needed to get to the grocery store, clean my house at least so it looked clean. It's definitely not clean. But anyway, I wanted to get some baking done, beds made and the room arranged for them to sleep. On Friday night I wondered if I would get anything done and I began to pray and ask the Lord to help me to either get these little things done or if not, to just be able to let it all go and be ok with the way things were. On Friday night I woke in the night and the verse in Phillippians came to me...4:19 And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus. I claimed that promise and fell back to sleep. i felt a peace and a presence. I knew he'd supply all that I needed. He did it richly. We loved having the Murray's. Both Ken and I felt privledged to have them in our home. We are the ones that received the blessings. It was just what we needed. They bring with them such a sense of joy. They even smell like Jesus. It can't help but be contagious.

Phillippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: