My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

We experienced a wonderful prayer time at Justin and Stefanie's home a few weeks ago. The body of Christ in motion using their gifts to minister to our family and especially to Justin and Stefanie. We were very touched by the love of God's people. It seems that God continually amazes us at His provisions on a daily basis. Someone or something seems to fall into place to speak into our brokenness. We are humbled. I'm continually reminded of God's love and mercy.

I just heard it said that God gives where He finds empty hands. I pray that my hands remain empty for Him to fill. As I was reading in Psalm 16 ~ I love verse 11 ~ In His presence is fullness of Joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. As we begin our Christmas season, I give Him my empty hands and desire His presence more than presents. Although I love presents and gift giving, maybe this year I will concentrate more on His presence.

Psalm 16:5-8 Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance. I will bless the Lord who guides me, even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.

No comments: