My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

My grace place!

It was a holy walk.  My new grace walk.  God's grace, I see it in another unexpected way.

I enjoy taking walks by the lake.  It's beside the still waters, I experience grace.  I begin to pray as I bury my feet on the sandy beach.   As I watch
the water gleam along the shore, it smiles in shades of blue.  My soul thrives again.  As the blue skies above me swirl like a painted canvas, so the water reflects and shines back it's majesty.  And I wonder at this masterpiece of Gods.

 I hear Him whisper into my heart, "let my streams of living water flow through you." This becomes my holy ground.  I tread on a sacred path.  A walk by the lake, my grace place.  My new mantra.  He leads me besides still waters and restores my soul.


My heart opens into those hidden places and I allow God to move in and disturb my thoughts.  I need new perspective.  But I don't always want to change, my stubborn heart says not today. I've been there before.  A paralyzed mindset will propel me down a wasted path.

He says let me water those seeds of faith that I've planted.  Let me have your open heart.  I complain that I don't see his footprints and I question His silence.  In that quiet moment my memory is triggered of a pastor's prayer "let us hear the soft sounds of sandaled feet". As those words echo in my holy place, I'm changed.   I remind God that I am enough for Him.  Then He reminds me that He's enough for me..  

 I realize my offerings are small.  But He joyfully takes my humble gifts and multiplies them.  I remember that He fed 5,000 with a little boys lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fish.  Have I ever offered God my lunch?  I am in awe of His power and grace.  

What is your grace place?  Where do you experience His presence?  

John 7:38
Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from within him. 
Isaiah 32:2
Each one will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock in a parched land.
    
Psalm 66:6
He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot— Come, let us rejoice in him.

Psalm 77:19
Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen.
Psalm 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. 
Psalm 29:3
The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.

No comments: