My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Monday, May 26, 2014

A Harbor View!

Watching the waters ripple against the rocky shore, I breathe in hope. My soul reaches out and I feel my faith grow. Something about the effortless waters gleam that shines a light into my heart.

I watch the sea gulls swoop down the rocky shores looking for a new meal. I say thank you Jesus for the beauty around me. I feel blessed today that I didn't miss the simple or the profound moments. It takes a slowing down, moving from hurry to calm.  Life moves at such a fast pace.  It's in the learning to not hurry that helps me to reevaluate my days. 

  I quiet down and listen to the rhythms of the splashing blue waters.  I notice the peaceful harbor view and it steals my mind and directs me to the one who brings peace.  The peace that passeth all understanding will remain in your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Those words stir in my heart and mind.  He comes in gentle waves, like a safe harbor.  My hearts desire is a deeper intimacy with him.

Everyday brings new opportunities for God to move in new ways.   It's not an easy evaluation.  I long for my own way most of the time.  God speaks softly reminding me that He's leading the way.  His word gently reminds me that He's in control of all the starts and stops of our lives.  I need a daily reminder that He's my safe harbor!  

Today I read this scripture.


Psalm 16:11 - You make known to me the path of life; you fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Nehemiah 9:19 - Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the wilderness.  By day the pillar of cloud did not fail to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take.

Jeremiah 6:16 - This is what the Lord says: Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths,  ask where the good way is and walk in it and you will find rest for your souls.


I see His hand today as I continue on this path.  The path is often through wilderness moments.   I can trust that it's in those places that He shines a steady light so I can see my way.   He is the peaceful harbor of our souls.  


No comments: