My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Lessons from Brooklyn!

Being thankful is not always my first thought or reaction.  It's way easier to feel slighted or feel discontent.  I have to remind myself everyday to count my blessings..... for which we have many.   My desire is to live a grateful life.  But that doesn't always come easy.  I know that having a grateful heart can be life changing.   I need a daily reminder.  My sweet granddaughter Brooklyn reminds me to be thankful.   She shows me how to be thankful.  She teaches me how to be thankful.   I only need to see her smile and I'm on my way to a grateful heart.   But Brooklyn continues to challenge the depths of my heart.    She grabs my hand and leads me around, she tells me where to go, where to sit, how to love.   She teaches me how to include, because that's what she does.   We sing together at the top of our voices.  She gives the best hugs ever.   She loves me because I'm her Ama.  She runs to the door to welcome me in.  She teaches me without words, how to be thankful.  She speaks and smiles through her heart and into my soul.  I'm so grateful for Brooklyn's life.   Brooklyn has special needs, but she's simply beyond amazing.   God has put an abundance of life into this little girl.  Isn't it just like God to use a little girl to teach us profound things, to change us, to create a thankfulness in our souls that we probably thought we never had the capacity for.   I realize the blessings when my heart is open to His teaching.  My perspective changes, my heart grows and  I'm blessed beyond measure.   Thank you Brooklyn for reminding me.  You are so very special!

Colossians 3:15-16
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.

John 10:10

Amplified Bible (AMP) I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance to the full, till it overflows.


No comments: