My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Don't compare!


Don't do it!

I love this quote.....!  I found this quote on Pinterest.   "Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20."   Maybe women more than men do the comparison game.  I'm not sure.  I was good at playing that game all too well.   We compare our successes, our failures, our talents, our strengths, our pain, our joys, our gifts, our children, our homes, our cars, our abilities, our jobs, our education, our obedience, the list goes on.   Why is it we always want to compare our inner places of the heart to someone else's outward performances.   It's so easy to do.  The comparison trap will most of the time send us into a tail spin.  One that spins and spins out of control. Comparison has a crippling effect on our souls.  It's never a fair game.  Mostly it causes us to lose perspective.   Thankfully Jesus doesn't look down at us through the comparison lens.  He sees us in the light of how he uniquely designed us.   He sees us through the lens of perfect love.   He sees our value.   He shouts down that we matter to Him.   When we can begin to take hold of the truth of how God sees us we can change the comparison game.   Our perspective shifts, soul work begins.  He shouts into our hearts you are my beloved!  It's then we hear the call to praise and glorify the one who sees us.   So thankful that God sees us and calls us His beloved.   I am my beloveds and He is mine and His banner over me is love.   Amen!

Genesis 16:13
She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me

1 Chronicles 28:9
“And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him.

Song of Solomon 7:10
 “I am my beloved’s, And his desire is for me.











No comments: