My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

On to the next place!

There is something exciting about turning the pages of a calendar.  It's wonderful to see a fresh open slate.  But I love what Josh said today at church; that a new year is not about starting over,  it's about starting whats next.  As I begin to look into the new year, there's a bit of grieving that takes place.  Realizing that I wasn't able to finish things I started.  Didn't accomplish much of anything really.  Had many failed attempts at trying to be better.  Stopped and started a few times to write but never felt a surge of energy or any real insight.  But whatever that all means, I'm ready to turn the pages of my calendar.  Looking forward to the next year.  Allowing God to take me to the next place He has for me.  The journey of brokenness and blessing continues.  Finding God faithful even when it seemed he was silent.  Being ok as I let go of some things and hanging on to other things.  Asking God to continue to remind me to have a grateful heart.  Remember to be thankful for the blessings of 2013.

Father God, I pray that you will be glorified in our lives this year.  I pray for new direction in 2014.  Grow us in compassion and knowledge of you.  Show us a deeper conviction and strengthen our desires to serve where you place us.  Show us Lord your next place.

Ezekiel 11:19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. 20 Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God

34: 25 -“‘I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of savage beasts so that they may live in the wilderness and sleep in the forests in safety. 26 I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing.[a] I will send down showers in season;there will be showers of blessing. 27 The trees will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them.


No comments: