My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Choose joy and magnify the Lord !

Christmas this year, has been a time of great joy for me.   I know it seems that joy often eludes us this time of year.  With all the hustle and bustle, it's easy to forget about the gift.   This gift is amazing.  I don't want to miss the blessings of a joyful heart.  When I allow myself the time to reflect and lean into a joyful heart, I sense God at work.  I'm thankful for the moments of reflection.  I was reading in Luke 1 this morning and I just fell in love with the words that Mary speaks....My soul magnifies the Lord.  How I desire a heart that magnifies the Lord.
46 And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
 and my spirit rejoices in Christ my Savior.
48 for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
    For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
    and holy is his name.
50 And his mercy is for those who fear him
    from generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with his arm;
    he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
52 he has brought down the mighty from their thrones
    and exalted those of humble estate;
53 he has filled the hungry with good things,
    and the rich he has sent away empty.
54 He has helped his servant Israel,
    in remembrance of his mercy,
55 as he spoke to our fathers,
    to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”
I love Mary's words, My soul magnifies the Lord.  I cannot imagine how Mary must have felt when she realized she was chosen to carry the Christ child.   What beautiful words she prayed back to her Father.  The word magnify means - "to speak or act for the glory or honor (of someone or something )  In the greek - it says to esteem highly, to extol, laud and celebrate. to get glory and praise. 

Let our hearts magnify the Lord this Christmas season.  Teach me Lord how to magnify your name as I celebrate your birthday.  


No comments: