My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blessings of a thankful heart!

Thanksgiving gives us a wonderful opportunity to look at our blessings and to count them.  We stop counting the cost just count the blessings.  Even when life hasn't been so great, thankfully it didn't take long to see and be reminded of what is most important.  As I began to count my blessings, I was reminded that the blessings have been more than I could have ever believed.  They came packaged differently this year.  I think I could have easily missed them, but somehow God was able to cut through my stubborn heart and show me that He's faithful even when I'm not.  That's He's strong when I am weak.  That's He's good even when I'm lacking in kindness. That He's real, even when I'm feeling like a fake.  Thank you God for loving me and showing me yourself in new and powerful ways this year.  For giving me a heart that is full and that is truly thankful.  I'm blessed. 

My family is certainly the biggest blessing in my life.  Each one has blessed me over and over this past year.  I know that we've all learned incredible lessons and have learned to look at life differently, another blessing! 

A thankful heart is a wonderful blessing!

Psalm 100
His Steadfast Love Endures Forever

A Psalm for giving thanks.

 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!

 Serve the LORD with gladness!

Come into his presence with singing!

Know that the LORD, he is God!

It is he who made us, and we are his;

we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.



 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,

and his courts with praise!

Give thanks to him; bless his name!



 For the LORD is good;

his steadfast love endures forever,

and his faithfulness to all generations

No comments: