My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Dad

It's Fathers Day today. Although, I realize it's a made up holiday as my husband would say, so don't take it so seriously. I still find it a day to celebrate. So I pause to think about my Dad. This is my first Fathers day without him. So this year there was no need to shop for a tie or a funny or sentimental card or some latest gadget that he might enjoy. Even though I missed doing that this year, I realized that I have much to celebrate about my Dad. He was quite a Dad and I miss him a lot. So I celebrate my Dad today, even though he's not here. I know where he is. I'm glad for the many wonderful years he lived and the big part of our lives he filled. I am blessed to have had a Dad who had such an enormous influence in my life and in so many around him. What a wonderful gift. So today I received the gift. And that is in the memory of a wonderful Dad, who walked the walk and talked the talk. Thanks Dad. You were quite a man. I can only pray that my boys will grow into wonderful men that resemble you. I think they already are.

No comments: