My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

We had a busy week with Jayden and Brooklyn, but what a labor of love for us. They kept us on our toes, and our house had a lovely, transforming makeover.:) Even though we're tired at the end of the day, we wouldn't have it any other way. We're just thankful that Justin and Stef could get away for a few days of refreshment. It was a much needed break for them. When Jayden and Brooklyn left us for the weekend, we both felt sad. They just have a way of lighting up a room and our lives. I know they do that for many others as well. God's special gift to us in extraordinary circumstances. We can't get enough of their enormous smiles and the joy they bring us is quite indescribable.

It's only God that reminds me that He shows himself in unique ways and I don't want to miss those ways. I'm learning to look at life differently, not wanting to miss out on any of the lessons, joys, gifts He's offering.

Habakuk 3:18-19 ~ Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

No comments: