My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today as I think about all the moments I've sensed God's presence, it's more than ever. God is close to the broken hearted and crushed in spirit. Or maybe it's that I'm tuned in. I don't know, but I'm waiting and listening.



As I sit and pray for my children, my thoughts go to Justin and Stefanie, as they will begin now to parent differently. Their lives (and ours as well) will look very different from what we thought. But God is not surprised by any of this. Why did He choose them? I wonder....all I know is that God is wise, all knowing and amazing. He has something big and we just wait expectantly. He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we could ask or think. Now we really learn to trust in His promises.



I know Justin is struggling with all of the worries that any father would have after finding out his children have a terminal illness. All I can do is bring him to the feet of Jesus and let Him do the healing and the work that only God can do. As a parent, I want to fix what is broken, and when you realize you can't fix or mend this, you feel utterly helpless. We just again remind ourselves that God is the ultimate healer.



Psalm 43:3 Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me, let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God , my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God. Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

No comments: