My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

You will stand again!

2 Samuel 22:34
He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain 
heights. 

As I sat with tears streaming down my face, staring at my flooded basement, the memories of things and places washed over me.  As I looked around, all I could do was stare in disbelief.  Where do I even begin?   This mammoth cleanup was the last straw.  I sat in the middle of the mess and just sobbed.   

It was on the same day, a dear friendship I had been in had ended in a terrible way.  It had left me reeling, filled with deep sadness and hurt.  I was completely broken and undone.  The faucet of tears wouldn't stop.

As I stood in ankle deep water of pain and loss, God showed himself to me.   He reminded me of a passage of scripture in Habakkuk 3.  Its not often I find myself opening the bible to Habakkuk.  But the old testament prophets prayer was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment.  

It was years earlier, a dear friend shared this passage with me.  "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,  He enables me to tread on the heights."

As I sat in silence, those words began to take root in my heart.  Somehow in the midst of the water soaked pieces of my life and this broken relationship I could still rejoice.  I could find joy in a flooded basement.   

He led me back to all the beautiful ways He had met me during the building of our relationship.  She was without a place to live and struggled to make sense out of her life.  I kept seeing Gods grace and direction through the months of my sharing with her how God meets us right where we are.  In the midst of our pain. 

My own words were now exactly what I needed as I sat in this puddle of grief. 

God was gracious to me in that wet and soggy basement.  He said "I'm refining you."  He took my act of obedience and was making my feet like a surefooted deer, as he called me to keep climbing. The terrain was rocky but he was strengthening me.  He would help me stand again on new mountain heights. 

Was this really how God was ending this friendship? Where was the pretty box tied with the bow. There was nothing tidy about this.  But He was showing me the path to rejoice.  My family and friends offered me love and encouraged me to keep climbing.  

As we offer God our basement experience He passes it through the waters of His grace and love.  We can believe that He will make us surefooted again.  Standing on the heights!  That's what I'm going to do!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please only add books due out in February 2018.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! We are linking to this great article on our website.
Keep up the great writing.

Anonymous said...

La création de websites web, c'est notre métier.

Anonymous said...

Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site,
absolutely great subject matter.

Anonymous said...

insert your data