My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jayden's smile!

Today I looked into my grandson Jayden’s eyes, they were smiling.  I loved that moment.  You see Jayden can’t talk.  Unfortunately, Sanfilippo has taken that away.  So I look for moments to peer into his soul.  I grasp the moments, and with everything I have, I try and capture that smile in my memory.  I would love to bottle it up for later.  There’s something about a little boy who is full of life and activity, yet can’t communicate with words.   But Jayden has learned to communicate with his eyes.  At least that’s how I see it.  He has a gift that he gives to people who know him.  He lights up a room when he smiles.  His beautiful smile has a shine to it.  He shines his way into our hearts every day.  I know that is directly from the Lord.   In fact, God often uses Jayden to teach me.  He allows me to see Himself through the eyes and charm of a little boy named Jayden.  Trying to understand Sanfilippo is like trying to understand the mind of God.  I know that it’s not possible.  But instead I want to thank the one who gives life.  The life that God gives is sometimes not the one that we thought we’d have.  But sometimes it’s better. 

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

Abundant life.....it does look different, it's beyond measure!  It's beyond our understanding! 

No comments: