My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

patience ~ has a perfect work

We are studying the fruits of the spirit in our Bible Study on Tuesday mornings.  We have been looking at patience the past couple weeks.  Why is it when we study one of the fruits of the spirit, that becomes the one that I will struggle with that week.  It just seems to happen that way!  When we looked at love, I struggled to love, when we looked at joy, I struggled to find joy.  When we studied peace, guess what, didn't find peace that week either.  All that to say, I sense God doing a work in me and showing me how to live beyond myself.....each week that we study the fruits of the spirit.  Thank God that He has an amazing amount of patience with me, more than I have in myself for sure.  I learned today that the practice of patience helps complete something lacking in us.  When we struggle with patience with people, it often brings out the worst in us.  But that keeps us from thinking too highly of ourselves.  It keeps our pretenses from working.  In any give relationship demanding patience, God could be working life in one person and death in the other.  Meaning, that it often brings out the worst in us to get rid of it. So let patience have a perfect work!  So if God is working patience in you and it's really hard, he's bringing death to it, He could be working good in the other person, all for His purposes and all for the completion of patience in us.   Thank you Beth Moore. 

11 Corinthians 10:7-12

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

No comments: