My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mary ~ she chose well!

I realized recently that God has been showing up in my life in amazing ways.  He continues to teach me and remind me He's close to the brokenhearted.  Yay!  I'm so glad!  Lately I had been thinking about the story of Mary and Martha found in Luke 10.   I had always thought how easy it was for women to relate to Martha.  Martha is busy serving and I think if we're honest we understand Martha, she's like us.   As women we love that about Martha and she's real!  She's a doer, she might complain a bit.  But she's busy, serving, fixing.  Doesn't she sound so familiar?   But Jesus says to her "Martha, Martha you are anxious and troubled about many things."  Wow, I really relate to Martha.  I could put my name in place of Martha's and I hear Jesus speaking that to me.  But......I really love Mary and I've always admired and desired to be a Mary!  Don't we all.   Jesus said to Martha "but one thing is necessary and Mary has chosen the good portion which will not be taken away from her."  This past year I believe that God has invited me to be a Mary.  I guess in a sense He let me sit at His feet. He gave me a wonderful gift.  I didn't always understand this gift.  I pray that He continues to show me how to be a Mary. And like Jesus told Mary, He won't take that away.  He continues to whisper into my heart and in fact I believe He's been writing it on my heart.  I guess I need it in writing, so I can really get it! 

Luke 10:39 ~ She had a sister called Mary who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to His teaching.

No comments: