My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Friday, August 6, 2010

about praise

As I sit here this morning, I realize that it's unusually quiet.  I'm sometimes starved for the quietness, other times I'd rather not feel the eerie silence.  But when it's quiet, I long to hear the soft sounds of sandaled feet.  I don't often sense that Godly presence, but I welcome it like a good friend.  I'm thankful that He shows me Himself in the quietness of my own heart.  I often miss those times, I'm too busy to listen, too busy to hear His voice.  But isn't that what God longs to do.  He speaks to us in various ways.  I know He longs to develop in me a heart of praise.  So today I welcome a heart of praise even in the midst of struggle and heartache.  I'm reminded that He inhabits the praises of His people. I want to be able to praise Him in the storm.  He reminds me that He instills peace and joy.  Ive been listening to a CD of a Haitian man who experienced horror during the recent hurricane that hit and destroyed so much in his country.   He writes and sings a song about praise....."what can stop me from praising Jesus." It inspires my heart to just praise. 

Psalm 66 ~ (vs 6) Praise our God, O people let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. (vs 12) But you brought us to a place of abundance.  (vs16) Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.

No comments: