My blog is about Gods grace and about finding treasures in the darkness. It's about growing in my faith when it's hard and the darkness wants to consume me. We found out that our grandbabies Jayden and Brooklyn were diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Sanfilippo Syndrome and will possibly only live a short life. It's about our hope in God, finding him faithful and being amazed by grace.

Friday, February 5, 2010

In December, when we were in Epcot, I found myself wandering through Norway. Before I knew it, a man came up to me and grabbed my hand and began to put lotion on it. I soon realized that he was obviously the fragrance designer of the perfume I was looking at. We began to talk and it was a fun conversation. Well, before I knew it, I was buying his fragrance. It's called "Laila" the essence of Norway. (He named it after his mom.) He even signed it and gave me his picture, ok, ya it was over the top, I know! Well, maybe I bought it because I met the designer, otherwise, I'm pretty sure I would have thought this is too expensive. I glanced over at Ken and he just said "Merry Christmas!" I have to say it was fun meeting the designer, Geir Ness. As I thought about that, I realized, it kind of makes a difference when you meet the designer face to face. But how much greater it is that we can know our designer, our creator. I've met him and what a difference He has made in my life. I know that He continues to show me the fragrance of Himself, the fragrance of His love, the fragrance of hope, the fragrance of joy. It has been extremely hard these past few months, but He continues to infuse Himself into my life.

Isaiah 40:28-31 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: